Monday, October 3, 2011

Baby Alex is born!

Hello Everyone!

Baby Alex entered planet Earth at 12:39a.m. on September 13, 2011!

Alex and Erika are both doing great, but since Alex decided he didn’t want to be in the limelight (he had to have inherited that from Erika!), at the last minute we had to organize a commando raid and take him out via C-Section. He came out at 6 pounds 8 ounces and was 19 “ in length. When they brought him out and laid him on the table, I jumped up, hit the play button on my portable I-Pod stereo,  ran to the table, picked him up and held him over my head as  the theme from The Lion King blared throughout the delivery room.

I felt like Mufasa and pretended that Alex was Simba as I danced and sang about the room. I had just started into a spirited version of Hakuna Matata, when I felt a sharp pain in my arm. When I woke up back in the private room with Erika and Alex, I was told my behavior was obnoxious and annoying to the Dr’s and nurses in the delivery room, so they shot me full of Demerol and grabbed Alex out of my arms as I fell to the floor. Slightly embarrassing, but hey, it is not like I am going to ever see those people again.

Anywho, I just got back home after no sleep at all and am going to bed for a few hours before going back to the hospital dressed as Tiger from Winnie The Pooh. I know a back entrance to bypass the guards, so what could go wrong?

I can hardly wait until Alex does something truly monumental, like his first solid poop or when he points at the mailman and goes, “Dadda”

No comments:

Post a Comment